Using real clothing, individual 3D faces and an assortment of wigs, hats and props; the Inflatable Crowd Company helps bring movies and television shows to life by filling stands and creating crowds.
Since 2003, the Inflatable Crowd Company has worked on an impressive list of feature films and television series including: Iron Man 2, Contagion, The Fighter, The King’s Speech, American Gangster, Seabiscuit, Blades of Glory, Ocean’s 13, Friday Night Lights, We Are Marshall, Spiderman 3, The Prestige and Million Dollar Baby.
Many (myself included) assume that most crowd shots are created using CGI and special effects, but The Inflatable Crowd Company shows that there is demand for their craft. The fact that their work is not widely known outside of production studios is a testament to how good they are at creating believable crowds of people.
1. The King’s Speech – 1,500 Inflatables
2. The King’s Speech – 1,500 Inflatables
3. Angels and Demons – Prepping 550 Inflatables
4. Inflatable Crowd Prep Work in Atlanta
5. Inflatable Crowd Prep Work @ Morris Brown College
6. Contagion – 200 Inflatable Dead Bodies
7. Inflatables Fill the Stands
8. Jonah Hex – 75 Inflatable Crowd People
9. Friday Night Lights Inflatable Crowd Prep
10. Prep Work at an L.A. Sports Arena
11. Inflatable Crowd Prep Work @ Tulane University
12. Filling the Stands with Inflatables in Los Angeles